TechSpot

Facebook to offer free Wi-Fi in exchange for your location

By David Tom
Jun 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. It’s no mystery that Facebook wants to gather as much data as possible about its users; something that they do rather effectively, judging by the all-too-relevant advertisements that are plastered across my newsfeed. Nevertheless, Zuckerberg and his colleagues are taking...

Read more

2. Ah, I'm sure the NSA will appreciate this service very much indeed.

Auth3ntic0 likes this.
  3. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,973   +587

t3chn0vamp likes this.
  4. All I read is like this: "NSA to offer free wi-fi in exchange for your location"

5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,193   +749

I thought the NSA already knew where we all where, what do they need facebook's help for? Facebook just wants to show you ads for nearby stores.. it might work out to your favor... check in at the coffee shop, maybe you'll get a coupon too.

If you're that scared about being tracked, put on a fake mustache and leave your phone at home.

6. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,082   +920

This is screwed up in so many ways.

7. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,311   +548

We are getting one step closer to this

8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,421   +821

I guess FB doesn't get much help from me, they sent me a SMS about 2 months ago reminding me I hadn't checked in in the past three months and I still haven't checked in yet. Oh well if they close my account, it's no biggie, I don't use it anyway.

9. Geforcepat

Geforcepat TS Rookie Posts: 74   +7

Good boy:D

10. I signed on to Facebook once in 2007, and singed out 20 minutes later, and never been back.

11. What advertisements in the news feed? Don't you know about adblockplus?
    Anyways I only use fb to know if everyone that I have ties there is still alive.

12. What would facebook offer me in exchange for giving them a picture of my naked *** ?

Access to their face recognition algorithm ?

13. kuroiei

kuroiei TS Rookie Posts: 41

Do they provide free Wi-Fi in Pakistan?

14. dennis777

dennis777 TS Enthusiast Posts: 281   +32

Provide this in the Philippines please hehe

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.