Facebook won't load, but other sites work just fine

I can access Facebook using its app on my iPhone but it won't load on my Mac using Safari or Chrome. I've seen a bunch of previous threads covering the same question but mostly dated more than 5 years ago. I never had this problem until now. I tried to follow a recurrent suggestion on this forum to try to ping facebook.com, which I did using terminal.app. What I see here is a never ending loop in the console but I don't know how do deal with those results. What am I doing wrong?

Have you tried clearing you cached files, cookies and browsing history? I had the same problem with Facebook and Tumblr and with a news site I go to occasionally. Those sites would only load partially and it seemed like at certain times of the day it was worse or better. Other websites worked perfectly. I assumed it was something serious and tried all kinds of crap and was reluctant to delete stored files because I knew I would have to sign back into every site that required a password. Anyway, I finally deleted almost everything besides some crucial stuff (auto fill and saved pass words). I use Chrome mostly and it's "history/clear browsing data". And facebook loads as fast as it ever did now and so does every site I use. This was obviously my problem. Go ahead and clean out all your cached files in all the browsers you use just be prepared to resign back into all the sites that require a password. It really did work for me.

Even I cannot open my account, in any browsers. My husband was signed on Chorme and Explorer, I signed him out and signed on my account. I received this message " Sorry something went wrong. we're working on it...... we can." Because of this message even, he can't sign on now. I have been googling and tried all the tips. Even downloaded Opera, I signed on with my husband's account, it worked. I signed him off and I signed with my address, back to the same message:'(:mad:

Even I cannot open my account, in any browsers. My husband was signed on Chorme and Explorer, I signed him out and signed on my account. I received this message " Sorry something went wrong. we're working on it...... we can." Because of this message even, he can't sign on now. I have been googling and tried all the tips. Even downloaded Opera, I signed on with my husband's account, it worked. I signed him off and I signed with my address, back to the same message:'(:mad:

I am having the exact same problem as you and I don't understand why its happening either. one minute I was on my facebook messaging my friend and next minute it won't load a page at all when I checked on my phone it send me to the "sorry something went wrong" page like you said. My mother can load hers but not mine on her phone and I had to show her how to delete her app data and cache in order for it to force log me out on her phone just so she could log back in on hers...the worst part is that we can't even contact facebook about it because they don't have a legitimate support system...

This is a known issue. Read more details here.
Article cited was dated Jan, 2015 - - Now in October, that response can only be viewed as "interesting", and may not be applicable to the state of facebook NOW.

I found out that if you create a business account on facebook and link it with your personal account it should give you access to your account again that's how I managed to unlock my white screen of death.

Yes this happened with me as well, after deleting the browser history and the data in the temp folder which was more than 5GBs , its working totally fine now...

Facebook page won't fully load. Page comes up with banner and picture but rest of page is blank. I'm using an older version of Safari (4.1.3) on Mac system 10.4.11. It was working fine then one day it stopped. A few days later it started working again and then stopped again. It has not worked since. Any suggestions?

Back