Facebook won't load correctly, but other sites work just fine

By Rhys Williams
Jul 31, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello!

I've had this problem for 2 days now, I've looked on several forums with no success. So I'm starting my own thread about it.

The problem is shown in the picture attached.

I've tried deleting cookies and the cache several times with no luck, I've disabled extensions on chrome, uninstalling & installing flash, java, chrome again. And seeing if it a basic fault within code (e.g. an un-closed bracket.), but the faults it showed (About 8) within the code were way above my knowledge of code. So I was stuck on what to do next.

I believe it could be DNS related or just simply to do with java script, but then again I'm not so sure.

Any help from anyone would be great!

PS If you have the same problem as me, don't post on the thread until my problem has been resolved to avoid any confusion. Thanks. Facebook.png
  2. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TechSpot Addict Posts: 879   +170

Flush your DNS if you think it's DNS related.

Go to Command Prompt
    Type ipconfig /flushdns

However, I personally can't tell you why FB is acting up. But, I do know we get several of these posts here at TS. You may want to browse through some of the older ones to see if anyone found a solution.
  3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,275   +280

The DNS is ok as you actually accessed the site.
    The picture attached is normal too, other than the CAPTHCA image is not shown - -
    SO why do you say there's a problem?
  4. Rhys Williams

Rhys Williams Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Flushed my DNS and it didn't fix it. I will look through the older posts from people and see what I find.

Many thanks
    Rhys
  5. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,576   +76

Flushing DNS won't correct this issue..
    I seen this also and got it a few times. Quick fix.

Download the following from techspot (except those you don't)

1. Wise 365 Free (under settings/cleaner you set this to deep cleaning)
    a. Run PC Checkup
    b. System Cleaner ( Registry Cleaner, Common Cleaner (4x times), Advanced Cleaner

2. JetClean

3. System Ninja
    a. Uncheck file configuration and internet cookies and check the rest
    b. Run this one 2x times

4. Free Windows Tuner (this one is not on techspot, you have to get it from cnet downloads)
    5. Uncleaner (this one is not on techspot you get it from author site)

6. UltraDefrag (opensource you get this from author)
    a. Search
    b. defrag

This will correct that issue you have.
    Rhys Williams likes this.
  6. Rhys Williams

Rhys Williams Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Because it hasn't loaded any images on the webpage. So it hasn't loaded correctly right?

Okay tipstir I'll try that.
  7. tipstir

Chrome browser usually does this. I run what I posted and corrects the issue. There is a lot going on behind on the system you just don't have answers for. Mostly whatever you were doing caused a memory leak or just a function called didn't get executed correctly. If you never cleaned out the system prior old code, junk data and corrupt registry can caused issues and old hidden cache files you just can't get too. These apps will go in there and clean the system like it was new.

Again I run these apps prior to shutting down my system. I run them manually. I also run them if FB acts up also or your get that error in Chrome.
  8. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 5,086   +222

I've never had a problem accessing facebook using google chrome.Hmm
  9. tipstir

Are you running any of the Java Applets in Face Book the games for one thing?
  10. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 5,086   +222

If I understand your question correctly, I don't play any of the games on facebook.
    Java in GC.JPG
  11. tipstir

JavaScript is different the Java Applets that uses Shockwave/Adobe Flash So if you don't want to see any Flash or anything that needs Flash to run then. You would need to go into the Chrome browser type this: chrome://plugins/ (disable: Adobe Flash Player both of them) WARNING IF YOU DO THIS IT'S AT YOUR OWN RISK! NOT RECOMMENDED TO DO.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.