Facebook's new mobile ad network will show you ads on other sites

By Shawn Knight
Sep 19, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Facebook has launched a beta version of their new mobile ad service that will allow them to serve targeted ads to users even when they visit other websites or apps. Member information such as gender, age, location and Likes can...

Read more
  2. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,045   +37

Ahh.. good. I'm sick of seeing all these "loose weight fast" advertisements when I'm only 150lbs.

phhhew thank god,

aint nobody got time for that
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,869   +345

I wish all the people I know would stop using facebook and use something else, because I wanna get rid of it.
  4. Quote "I wish all the people I know would stop using facebook and use something else, because I wanna get rid of it."

so you wish to choose what other people like and dislike? Why do you even care? Live your life for you.
  5. I also wish something else would come out as a replacement to facebook.
    Anyway, I hope my "facebook disconnect"add on protects them from tracking what websites I go to. Not that it matters, as I use an adblocker...

But still. I don't want them to know what websites I go to. And I have a very limited amount of infromation on there, everything is blank and my age is fake lol.
  6. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

There's always North Korea :p
  7. Just do it. Switch to another facebook alternative and tell your friends where you are going. If they are your friends they will join you. I here there are about 400 million using Google+. I saw on the web there are 4 or 5 others that have a fairly large user base.
  8. Great now facepuke can bother me on any site I go to!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.