TechSpot

Failed to install wireless dongle

1. Hello,

I recently purchased a wireless dongle for my CPU and I installed the cd program as inquired by the manufacturer but after it was done I inserted the dongle and the device manager did not install it correctly so now I have a yellow exclamation mark on
    802.11 n WLAN USB\VID_148F&PID_5372\1.0 The drivers for this device are not installed.

I know the dongle works because I just installed in a different machine to make sure and it installed smoothly. Could this be due to a previous wireless dongle being installed to the machine?

Please someone help me...

Attached Files:

2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,372   +167

Looks like a Ralink dongle. What model? Are you sure you installed a 64-bit driver?

3. Jessica Olivier

Jessica Olivier TS Rookie Topic Starter

I bought a X-media model NE-WN3201D and I inserted the CD that came with it. It does not say what Ralink it is, I installed it on a different machine that was 64bit and it worked fine.

4. Jessica Olivier

Jessica Olivier TS Rookie Topic Starter

Fixed the problem... downloaded the ralink "correct" driver, however it comes with no setup, so I copied them into the ralink folder in the program files and then updated the drive software through browsing for the ralink folder.

cheers.

5. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,372   +167

Wooo Hoooo! (y) (y) :)

Good work figuring out your problem. Thanks for taking the time to let us know your solution :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.