Failure to Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not new to PC building as i have been doing it for nearly 7 years, but i have a problem right now I'm unable to figure out and hopefully i can get some help as i am getting rather frustrated.
So about 2 weeks ago my parents started up there computer and it would not Post, in fact it would only beep repeatedly forever, well i swung by and picked it up and tried to figure it out i tested all the parts in another computer to see if they worked everything checked out except for mobo and CPU as i didn't have the means to test those.
Well i figured it was time for an upgrade for them anyway, so i ordered a new Mobo, CPU and Ram which arrived yesterday and after installing all of it into there case turned on the computer to find it still isn't posting but now instead of beeping, everything turns on, the fans will spin the lights turn on, but after 4seconds it shuts down, then it starts back up on it's own and then again after about 4 seconds it shuts down again, on, off, on, off and so on. I tried running with only the Mobo, CPU, Ram, and Vid card still nothing, i tried running it outside of the case and still nothing, (figured the case might of been shorting it) I reseated the Ram, and Processor, and video card several times reset the bios using the jumpers and removing the battery and nothing is working.
Any Ideas or help would be great thanks.

Pretty sure you covered 99% of everything there, as stated in the: Tutorial: No POST (Power On System Test

The only other possibilities are:
CPU Fan: Yes I have seen faulty fan wiring, cause no post, try temporarily unplugging the CPU fan
Ram: This really falls under hardware compatibility, but some Ram cards (manufacture wise) just don't work with some motherboards
Bios: You didn't actually state that you reset the Bios, from the motherboard jumper
Power Supply: Even a seemingly, working power supply, may in fact be faulty

My first choice (other than CMOS reset ;) and fan ) would be Power Supply
Also try one stick only of Ram

Last option would be DOA parts

That would just about cover everything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back