Fan configuration

matrix86

Below is a link to the case I have. Bought it years ago and just recently updated my build but kept the case. I never added any other fans to it but now that I'm running higher end hardware and doing more with it (video/audio editing and gamming) I've decided to add more fans. I'll be putting 2 120mm on the top and 2 on the sides. The front intake and rear exhaust are also 120mm. My question is that for optimal air flow to help keep things cool, should my top fans be for exhaust and side fans for intake? Keep in mind I'll be replacing the stock CPU cooler with the ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports Duo and my GPU is a blower style card.

Basic specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports Duo cooler
ASRock B450M Pro4
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (blower style card)
Team T-Force Vulcan Z 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200

Thank you.

PS,
seeking input on fan placements only. Not looking for input on the other hardware. Sorry, Reddit has ruined me because 98% of the comments are about "you should replace that with this" and that's not what I'm asking for, lol.

Corsair Carbide 200R

Hi! For your fans, I would agree with you. Side fans for intake and top fans for exhaust. What configuration do you have your CPU cooler in? If the fans on the cooler are facing the side, then you probably should go with side intake and top exhaust. But if your CPU fan is facing up, then you would probably want to have top fans intake and side fans exhaust, so you don't choke out your fans.

Hi! For your fans, I would agree with you. Side fans for intake and top fans for exhaust. What configuration do you have your CPU cooler in? If the fans on the cooler are facing the side, then you probably should go with side intake and top exhaust. But if your CPU fan is facing up, then you would probably want to have top fans intake and side fans exhaust, so you don't choke out your fans.

It'll be like the picture below (*note: not my computer. I don't have the cooler yet so I pulled a picture from Amazon, but this is how my cooler will be situated.)Capture.JPG

Ok. Most people do t that way so I assumed you would. So I recommend side fans for intake and top fans for exhaust. However, with that big cooler you may not be able to fit side fans.

I will still be able to fit at least one side fan. My case door has a spot for two fans. One top that sits directly infront of the CPU and the other below it sits just under the GPU. So even if I can't fit the top side door fan, the bottom one should definitely still fit.

Back