Fanless psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkedKube

Any advise. I want to purchase one but kinda scared, lol. Just need some suggestions if anyone has any. I need at least 500watts too

Don't get a fanless one, just get one from a respectable company that is advertised as "Silent" or "Quiet". You will never notice the differenc between these and a fanless one. I have a dual-fan "Silent" Enermax 465W, and I can't hear it at all even when I turn off all the fans in my computer besides the CPU fan.

MetalX said:
Don't get a fanless one, just get one from a respectable company that is advertised as "Silent" or "Quiet". You will never notice the differenc between these and a fanless one. I have a dual-fan "Silent" Enermax 465W, and I can't hear it at all even when I turn off all the fans in my computer besides the CPU fan.

metalx I see you have the same bfg card as I do, any advise for overclocking it?

also one of the causes of the noise is your vented side panel also if you experince some ratling noises you might want to put ruber spacers around your hard drive(s) and cd drive(s) and mabye even your fans although fans dont really ratle

i acctualy just whent out and purchased some case insulation today after i suggested it to you. it was the first time i heard of it but i did some homework and i soon realized that the only down side is that it can inscrease your case temp the max of 2 deggrees Celsius so really there isnt a really big down side.ps. the guys at the store siad it should only take about 45 min to cover a hole case.

Computer~freak~ said:
i acctualy just whent out and purchased some case insulation today after i suggested it to you. it was the first time i heard of it but i did some homework and i soon realized that the only down side is that it can inscrease your case temp the max of 2 deggrees Celsius so really there isnt a really big down side.ps. the guys at the store siad it should only take about 45 min to cover a hole case.

wow that's great, im workin with a budget of 800 usd right now, i wanted to sli my rig and put at least 2 gigs of ram in it. Wanted to upgrade my processor too, and I just recently spent 340 on my caae, so im kinda burnt, that's for the confirmation that its a good product though. I'll look into it

wow, does it look tacky and stuff inside, lol. or did it fit nicely. and how many fans do you have, do you realize i have 7 fans including my zalmans heatsink. That's not counting the crappy stock fan on my gpu

i have 6 fans including gpu,and cpu but not including my two 80mm fans on my Psu and for tacky it dosnt look tacky it kind of just blends in and it acctualy looks better than the aluminum the case is made out of.

supersmashbrada said:
metalx I see you have the same bfg card as I do, any advise for overclocking it?
Yea, do not overclock the core. The core is stock 550MHz, and BFG puts it at 565, but in my opinion, 565 is a bit too high. Put the core back to 560 or 550, and try the memory at 1600, it should work. If you're nervous about it, just use the automatic Nvidia utility that finds the optimal speeds automatically. That's what I did to get 560/1700. So now the core is 90MHz behind a 7900GTX, but the memory is 100MHz faster. I'd say that makes them about even.

MetalX said:
Yea, do not overclock the core. The core is stock 550MHz, and BFG puts it at 565, but in my opinion, 565 is a bit too high. Put the core back to 560 or 550, and try the memory at 1600, it should work. If you're nervous about it, just use the automatic Nvidia utility that finds the optimal speeds automatically. That's what I did to get 560/1700. So now the core is 90MHz behind a 7900GTX, but the memory is 100MHz faster. I'd say that makes them about even.

Not sure what utility to use to do this or where its at.

i Know this has nothing to do with this post but is 60c to hot for a core 2 duo's core temp no the surface temp juss the core temp?

that's normal temp for that cpu at 3.0 if you want lower you'd have to do phase or water cooling, its fine. I'm running 6300 right now, i overclocked mine to 2.8 once and it ran at 60 C. I think you're fine

I have an Enermax Noisetaker (470W) and Noisetaker II (485W). I like the Noisetaker better, the 2 has a tiny bit of noise, almost like they left out 1 bearing ball. But both are incredibly silent, you can only hear the II if you get close to it, and you can't hear the orig at all.

i actualy made a mistake and cut the outtake wire on my psu. I'm waiting to buy a new one or for it to blow up, but suprisingly it doesnt get hot at all, and guess what, ITS COMPLETELY SILENT, LOL

supersmashbrada said:
Not sure what utility to use to do this or where its at.
Google "nTune" without the quotes, download, and install. Open it up, go to GPU settings and press Find Optimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back