Fatal error

By saffi
Jul 20, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had a Pentium4 3.20Ghz (Skt478, FBS 800, 512KB Cache), it was installed on a laptop and the only problem I had with it was in the Summer, when it was heat, the laptop would restart.

I sold it to someone but the person who bought it, after installing it (in a ASUS P4P800S-X board who previously had a Pentium4 1.7 Mhz installed) got this error message: BCCODE 1000007F, BCP1 00000008 e o BCP2 float.

He got the message after he re-installed the previous P4 (1,7), after the system made “reset” by itself (with the P4 3,2) about 3 minutes after Windows XP 2ºEd had started.

He updated the BIOS and the system got better but, at start it still appears an error that says the system recovered from a fatal error.

I tried to describe everything so it could help the problem evaluation. I would I would really appreciate if someone could help me figure out what the problem is. Thanks in advance.
  2. fastco

fastco Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,511

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.