Faulty HDMI port?

Waffe

A recent power outage has caused some of my hardware to function oddly...
My tv's hdmi ports seem to still work for say a ps3, but when hooking up to my gtx 760 I get "No Signal"?
I only have one hdmi port but several other dvi ports. My smaller monitor(plugged into dvi port 1) is functioning normally. It also seems the gpu is still functioning because I booted Dota 2 just fine with 60fps(vsync). Could this outage have fried the hdmi port? Should I be worried, should I return it or just buckle down with 2 dvi connectors? I was gonna test out hdmi to dvi cables to test my theory but am unsure what to do otherwise.

MSI TF/OC 760
TV:NS-39L240A13

Did the pc->tv work before the outage and did the pc suffer immediate power off too?

Did the pc->tv work before the outage and did the pc suffer immediate power off too?
Suffer immediate power off? Do you mean it like immediately shut off? If so then yes. And yes to them working before just fine.

IDK if it's safe or not but I think I might pop this bad boy open. I have read elsewhere that removing the panel that contains the buttons on the side of the tv might fix the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back