Favorite software...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ai Hate

right on to the question...
what's your favorite piece of software?
sth you really like. (includes OSes)

Now witness the full might of this batte station...

KazaA probably.

No, that's not it...

PowerQuest Drive image. I mean, come on, you can take a compressed image of any partition on the zeros and ones level.... and restore it anywhere you like.

You can clone workstations...

And that's just the beginning. I hate reinstalling my operating system because some daft driver / software / codec ,etc screwed everything up.

http://www.powerquest.com/driveimage/

I wouldn't say something was my favourite software lightly.

My favorite piece of software is probably going to have to be one in the Adobe line. I Photoshop, which I really enjoy using, as well as Premier. I just got Illustrator, but havne't used it very much yet, still learning it.

"He's all yours, bounty hunter!"

For drawing nice pictures... yes... I would have to give mention to Adobe Photoshop. Even going many versions back it is a great piece of software... So easy to create works of art if you just have a little imagination, and I never even read any books on it, which apparently if you do, you will become a God.

I was also found of a software called Sound Forge. Lots of fun to be had with that.

But these things, unless you are a pro in these areas, are toys.

I stress, unless you are a pro in these areas.

You can't take away from something like Drive Image its beautiful usefulness and simplicity. Its so wonderfully simple and exactly what is missing from most modern operating systems.

There are UNIX type things you can do with the commands built in, but nothing that is a patch on Drive Image.

Winamp3 Its nice, and has some cool features over 2.xx, I espically like the playlist's list of playlists. If you still have the Alpha version of Winamp3 (think it was leaked some time ago (over a year?)) you really should get the Beta version, much better. Never had it crash, unlike the alpha.

Winamp 2.xx is decent, but doesn't compare to 3 IMO.

Programing tool

Borland (or Imprise) Delphi 6

If I have the choise of software to use, I use Delphi (rather then VB :dead: ).

Originally posted by Phantasm66
...i will be a pro soon.... :D
i'm payin top bucks to learn this stuff in school. :dead:
maya will prolly be my fave once i learn that :grinthumb

Re: "He's all yours, bounty hunter!"

Originally posted by Phantasm66
For drawing nice pictures... yes... I would have to give mention to Adobe Photoshop. Even going many versions back it is a great piece of software... So easy to create works of art if you just have a little imagination, and I never even read any books on it, which apparently if you do, you will become a God.

concur.
but it is one fun toy! :jajaja:

i recently went to the bookstore and picked up a book on photoshop displaying the God's works... my... how'd they do that... what technique... what creativity...
they cuold even change the weather... :eek:
Zeus...

Originally posted by SNGX1275
Winamp3 Its nice, and has some cool features over 2.xx, I espically like the playlist's list of playlists. If you still have the Alpha version of Winamp3 (think it was leaked some time ago (over a year?)) you really should get the Beta version, much better. Never had it crash, unlike the alpha.

Winamp 2.xx is decent, but doesn't compare to 3 IMO.
currently running 2.76. no problems so far, so can't be bothered to d/l the new ver. :p

when it comes to music players, i still prefer real jukebox. better features.
but winamp is nice cause it uses very little resource to run. i cuold even play music in the background while playing battle realms. :grinthumb:

tried some of those 3D programs, but i just can't get it ;)

Re: Programing tool

Originally posted by Didou
Borland (or Imprise) Delphi 6

If I have the choise of software to use, I use Delphi (rather then VB :dead: ).

Visual Pascal by any other name :)

Anything is better than using Lotusscript in Lotus Notes with bits and pieces of Lotus Formula Language and Javascript
puke.gif

I can't say I have a favourite piece of software, however the ones I use the most...

Notepad
Paint Shop Pro
Word
Outlook Express
PowerDVD
CuteFTP
Frontpage
Download Accelerator
WinAMP
MSN Messenger
IE & Netscape

and of course... WinZIP !

You have a point. The Bourne, and subsequently the Bourne Again SHell (bash) were probably the best things that ever happened to Linux. You see bash on practically anything Unix related, even BeOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back