Favourite all time quote

Phantasm66

Well I have a number of these (including "I am going out now... I may be some time..." - Oates. ) however:

"You are an imperfect being. Created by an imperfect being. Finding your weakness is only a matter of time." - Borg Queen to Data, First Contact.

I would think it's the one in your sig Thomas...

And I though phantazmm was a Star Wars fan, not a Trekkie.

Most of the good quotes I've heard I've forgotten. I know I have heard quite alot, and most of my favorites are from Groucho Marx.

Like...

"I have the brain of a 4 year old. And I'm sure he was glad to get rid of it."

Albert Einstein: "Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. But I'm not sure about the universe."

The quote in MrGaribaldi's signature is also one of my favorites.

There's the one in my sig ( I'm sure no one noticed it ;) ).

There are just too many to list.

I'll just put one from a Monthy Python movie, I'll let you guess which movie it is.

Knight Arthur : "I am King Arthur, King of the Briton !!!"

Farmer : "I don't remember voting for you."

Besides the one in my sig, there's quite a few from Babylon 5 (go figure).... But I can't remember them good enough... (and finding them ain't exactly easy with 5 season of eps...)

from Evil Dead 3:Army of Darkness "I live.... Again..."

Then of course it's "Either do or don't, there is no trying"... Dunno where's it's from originally....

I like the one in my sig, mainly cause I like to think I was the first to say it, but it probably has been said before, I just never heard it.

I also like: "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
Besides the one in my sig, there's quite a few from Babylon 5 (go figure).... But I can't remember them good enough... (and finding them ain't exactly easy with 5 season of eps...)

Most of the good ones are repeated several times and by more than one character. One of my favorites is ...And so it begins -Kosh-several different time, as well as Galen in Crusade-
Some other good ones are, I will return in the fullness of time, expect me when you see me -a few different people but most often Galen-. Hope? There is always hope, it is the one thing humans haven't figured out how to kill -Galen-.

My favorite quote from B5 has to be When the long night comes, return to the end of the beginning -A message to Sherridan from Kosh-

I don't want to bore the non fans so I'll stop there.

I'm not so sure if you can consider this a real quote, it's for me at least because my first spoken language is spanish, anyway...

"**** happens" part of my philosophy of life.

Originally posted by StormBringer
Most of the good ones are repeated several times and by more than one character. /B]

Yeah, like
Sheridan: "How will this end?"
Kosh: "In fire..."

Which of course is true, as sooner or later this planet is going to burn up :D

One of the funniest, and my favorite at the moment, is from the movie "Tank Girl" (I watched it yesterday):

"I'll hit you so hard your children will be born bruised"

Someone has to swear!!!! why not me?

Some Mo?!erFu@*ers are alway trying to skate uphill
Blade

It needs to be said in a macho hollywood only stylee though ;)

the prawn:grinthumb

Housekeeper to Winston Churchill: If I were your wife I'd put poison in your coffee.
Winston Churchill to Housekeeper: If you were my wife, I'd drink it!
:p

This one is almost impossible to answer, as there are 1000's of favourite quotes. Meanwhile, I'll go for the distinguished philosopher Homer Simpson:

"If it is hard to do, then it is not worth doing."

Brain to Pinky: Come Pinky, we must prepare for tomorrow night.
Pinky to Brain: What are we going to do tomorrow night Brain?
Brain to Pinky: The same thing we do every night Pinky, Try to take over the World.

Ah, yes, I was once lost in the wilds of Afghanistan, and lost my corkscrew. I had to live off food and water for several days.
-W.C. Fields

Taken from "Lock stock & two smoking barrels"

If you hold back anything ... I'll kill you

If you bend the truth or I think you're bending the truth ... I'll kill you

If you forget anything ... I'll kill you

In fact, you're going to have to work really hard to stay alive.

Do you understand what I just said ? 'cause if you don't ... I'll kill you

Back