FDA issues preliminary guidelines regarding wearables making health claims

By Shawn Knight
Jan 20, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. With the wealth of health and fitness wearables currently flooding the market, the line between a casual wearable and a true medical device could get blurry in a hurry. As such, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration have chimed in...

Read more
  2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,459   +1,759

Really, a mind control wearable...:mad: We truly have begun the descent into madness.

I'd almost be willing to bet Apple buys this startup, and works this tech into the iPhone.

"You are getting sleepy, sleepy, (said the iPhone to its yuppie), when I transmit a dial tone, you will awake feeling very alive and refreshed, and then you will rush out and buy the next iPhone, no matter how long you have to wait in line for it! :eek:

Post a comment 0 interactions
  3. drjekelmrhyde

drjekelmrhyde TS Booster Posts: 187   +43

Make one that gives you a heavy buzz when you fall asleep. Heavier people in America with sleep apnea will buy it like hotcakes. Once insurance companies get in on these they will be mandatory for anyone with a illness.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,339   +1,938

Manufacturers are trying to ram these wearable devices down our throats and while some people will find them genuinely handy, others will buy them just for the sake of having them and others will convince themselves they are a necessity. To me they are nothing but a complete waste of time & money, they've got a helluva lot more work to do to try convince me.
    On the other hand Apple should manage to flog their wearables to the iSpecies without too much trouble (anyone notice a pun?), they're a gullible lot.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    BlueDrake likes this.