Fear Combat BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sellmesanity

I really hate posting these cries for help. I reread both BSOD tutorials, it led me nowhere. No overheating, no dust, everything is normal (to my eyes) and I am no noob when it comes to computers, believe me. There is this one part of the game Fear Combat that it crashes at. When I disable Anti-Aliasing things become really glitchy, but it isn't artifacting, I don't think. I walk around then the computer restarts. This has happened three times in total. It only happens 50 percent of the time. I have the minidumps, but for me they are useless. Can one of you guys read them (they are the exact same error) I want to find out what is causing this problem, so that maybe I can fix it. My system was overclocked, but no longer is. I still pass memtest. I really hope nothing is damaged, I hate shipping parts to the manufacturer.

Oh yeah, the minidumps, I really appreciate this btw...

Both your minidumps crash at nv4_disp.dll. This is part of your Nvidia graphics drivers. they both have a bugcheck of 8E.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

Is it only the one game that causes the crashes? If it is, you may want to check with the game manufacturers website for any patches that may be available.

Regards Howard :)

howard_hopkinso said:
Both your minidumps crash at nv4_disp.dll. This is part of your Nvidia graphics drivers. they both have a bugcheck of 8E.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

Is it only the one game that causes the crashes? If it is, you may want to check with the game manufacturers website for any patches that may be available.

Thank you for replying so promptly, Howard!

I will check for bios updates. I went to the Game Manufacturers websites and submitted my problem there. This is the only game that causes this crash. Everything else is rock stable, which leads me to believe it is a software issue (driver, game or both)

Thanks for leading me in the right direction!

I agree, it`s probably a software conflict caused by the game itself.

If it was a driver issue with your graphics card, I would expect it to show up in other games as well.

I suppose you`ve already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back