TechSpot

Feedly goes Pro starting at $5 per month, adds search and better security

By Shawn Knight
Aug 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. RSS reader Feedly launched a premium service on Monday that looks to improve upon their free offering by adding an extended feature set. The free version will continue to remain an option as RSS readers in general are getting more...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,062   +919

Wow Feedly screwed up with this... HTTPS should be standard! Also, I can get the search function through Newsify on iOS. This "Pro" service is basically useless.

3. I've been using Feedly since the Google Reader shutdown and hearing this news I've come to the conclusion that it's crap. I'm tired of Feedly constantly needing to open by articles in it's in-app browser, and it constantly forgetting what I'm reading if I send the app into the background (something that was never a problem in Google Reader). I also get this uneasy feeling that Feedly is trying to monetise what I'm looking at without been open about it. I'm going to start looking for an alternative.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.