Few questions .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amebaid

i was wondering if you can give me some tips about some windows issues

first i'd like to know if i can limit the whole internet speed on the computer

and i mean by that the browsing and the upload the download including the torrent sharing system ??

can that be done ?

also if there is any type of skins that can be applied to Microsoft outlook ?
"i heard that it isn't skinable yet i thought i should ask anyway "

this one isn't concerning windows .. it's about blogging

i use blogger and i like the Css features in it

is there is any other blogging platforms out there that can provide me with that power ??

thanks

P.S i really like to know the first question most . it's really important as i have that brother and just can't stop downloading games and other trials

and i mean by that the browsing and the upload the download including the torrent sharing system ??

if you use bitlord you do the following

Options > Preferences > Connection > Global max download rate (change the speed)

i'd imagine most other similar programs would be the same

well i've already configured bitlord and utorrent and also IDM Internet download manager
yet some times he uses the normal download mode with IE .. so i was wondering if there is any way to limit that ??

btw, why would you want to slow down your internet connection?

I don't know why he would, but there are a few reasons I can think of:

1) Shared network. Throttle people so each person doesn't impact the others so much.

2) Some people pay for bandwidth overusages.

3) QOS. Some people game or use VOIP and don't want downloads to impact.

btw, why would you want to slow down your internet connection?

well actually some of the reasons that technicalfury said .. and as i mentioned in the first post ..

i have brother who just keeps downloading things games and movies trials and that really makes me gone mad
as he download all day 24/7 even when he plays and that slows my speed as we are on the same LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back