TechSpot

Fire at Hynix memory plant temporarily suspends operations

By Shawn Knight
Sep 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A chemical explosion led to a fire at SK Hynix Semiconductor’s memory fabrication facility in Wuxi, China earlier today. Initial reports pegged the damage as substantial with a number of memory companies halting shipments but a statement from Hynix noted...

Read more
  2. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,620   +82

These chips are will go up in price until the plant gets back underway.. Best buy those upgrades for memory chips an etc.
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,891   +354

The last thing the PC industry needs is factory stops. It was bad with the thailand flooding, its bad with this. The prices will go up regardless of how bad damage actually is.
  4. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,592   +864

I wish I needed memory sticks, then I could wail and moan about this too....
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,977   +730

I wish I was the arsonist, then I could've also been paid a fortune & a guarantee to get off scott free...
  6. Scavengers

Scavengers TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 101   +16

Just as memory prices were finally starting to fall. Of course damage was minimal and if Hynix couldn't keep up then Im sure others could step in.

Dave

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.