Firefox hijacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with firefix such that whenever i open firefox it says 'use IE you Dope' n inside a box it says ' I don't hate Firefox but use IE or else'....da 1st time I took it as a joke...but now its appearing every time I open firefox and closes it instantaneously...Hence, I can't access firefox at all...Any ideas on how I can overcome this problem?

Someone has either hacked into your computer or you have some spyware/adware. Essentially, this is a type of browser hijack. I suggest you switch over to the Security Forum and follow the guidelines for running and posting the various scan logs. You will get excellent help there.

sorry mate'....but i still can't solve the problem...I'm a little dumbfounded by this problem....Can ya guide me to the appropriate solution...I looked at a few topics and still couldn't overcome the problem...thanks...cheers den...

Go to this thread - https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic93156.html and follow the link to the Spyware removal instructions and follow those instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.
We also need to know the result of Panda Antirootkit.

This thread is for the use of cr@zy_G0@t only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back