TechSpot

Firefox OS nightly builds available for testing on Windows, Mac or Linux

By Jos
Jul 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Earlier this month Mozilla announced it is renaming its Boot to Gecko operating system for smartphones to Firefox OS while touting support from major carriers worldwide. Although the first Firefox OS-powered devices aren't expected to arrive until sometime in 2013,……

Read more
  2. RH00D

RH00D TS Addict Posts: 406   +105

If their OS is as buggy as their browser I think I'll pass.
  3. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 343   +56

I would use it then since I have had more problems with Chrome then I ever did with Firefox, anecdotal evidence is awesome huh?
  4. waterproof

waterproof TS Enthusiast Posts: 235

Define 'buggy' Mr. User?
  5. Johny73

Johny73 TS Rookie

It looks like a Chinese iOS ...
  6. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 343   +56

Was that meant for me or the poster I responded too? s for me Chrome has had problems playing YouTube videos (odd since they are both Google owned), have had websites where the page just crashes randomly and other little things that just don't work (certain buttons not doing anything when clicked. These are problems I never have on Firefox, actually I don't think I have had any big problems with Firefox at all.
  7. Zeromus

Zeromus TS Enthusiast Posts: 231   +7

8. Zeromus

Sorry my comment didn't show for some reason, what I meant to say was I used to have the same problem using chrome on linux, it was very frustrating, but I kept using Chrome on Windows though.
  9. zxacm

zxacm Banned

Please don't feed the trolls. Anybody who leaves a one line comment "FF is buggy" deserves not to be even dignified with a reply. ;)
  10. Zeromus

I was hoping someone else had the same problem and maybe had a fix. I love chrome as all.
  11. DWitucki

DWitucki TS Rookie

I think this person is referring to the Firefox mobile browser, which is buggy and happens to still be in beta.

12. L.Fluffy

L.Fluffy TS Member

Anyone notice that it resembles the Android OS?? Firefox's "rivalry" on Google Chrome for becoming a more popular browser...
    If its performance and app variety rivals Android then why not I say?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.