Firefox "profiles" -

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's computer running XP and firefox, recently started asking for a new "profile" on Firefox startup. there was "default" and "Default user" already defined, but there were said to be "in use" so we had to enter a NEW profile to get in at all - and of course all the last 1.5 year's bookmarks went away.

The new profile worked for about a week, and then became "in use" and unavailable so she had to make another profile to get in, and lost her bookmarks again. My guess is that it'll happen again -

Anybody know what's going on, and how to get back to the older profiles????

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

That sound a little suspicious. I`m wondering if you have something nasty on the system as in virus/spyware.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment and I`ll advise.

In the meantime click start/search/all files and folders, type bookmarks and click search.

A list of all the saved bookmarks will appear. The Firefox bookmarks will have a little Firefox logo on them. Look for the bookmark with the latest date next to it and right click on it. Select copy, close the search window and paste the bookmarks wherever you want. leave them there for future reference, until we can rule out a virus/spyware infection.

I`ll then give you instructions on how to import the bookmarks into Firefox.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back