TechSpot

First batch of Pebble smartwatches begin shipping today

By Shawn Knight
Jan 23, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. It’s been a long time in the making but the Pebble smartwatch is finally ready to go. According to an update posted on the product’s Kickstarter page, the company will start shipping out the first batch of watches to early...

Read more

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,945   +381

Battery life is the key to this thing. I gots to know battery life.

3. The rechargeable battery is 7+ days. So over a week, due to the e-ink screen. Similar to my Kindle Keyboard which I read almost every night, the battery lasts over a month.

4. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,095   +43

Completely uninterested in this technology....

5. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,928   +569

Looks pathetic on the picture, compared to the rendering on their official website.

Personally, I don't see any need in such technology. Just because you can create something doesn't mean you have to. It cannot render sufficient information in most cases, and even if it could - who's gonna carry a microscope along to take reading off this thing?

Mark my words, this thing is gonna be thrown off the market by Google Glasses and their look-alike gadgets.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.