TechSpot

Fitting processor water cooler

By Rik
Jun 10, 2005
  1. Well, here goes, Im just about to embark on the fittling of a processor watercooler. Its an Aqualia that I got second hand from a friend. I spent last night cleaning then testing it (outside of my pc) and Im now happy that everything is fine with it. So wish me luck, I dont think i will need any luck tho, it all looks very straight forward. My CPU is running at 50 degrees c at the moment so it will be interesting to see if there is much difference when its all in.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Rik.

2. Rik

Rik Banned Topic Starter Posts: 4,985

Well, 4 hours and a lot of sweat later and its in and working. My processor in now idleing at 38 degrees c so £30 well spent i thinks.

3. kol_indian

kol_indian TS Rookie Posts: 368

Nice to hear and a fanless solution but u have to change the water quite often so that will be irraitaing,specially when u have to do it when someother imp work is to be done on the PC.

4. Rik

Just been told by a friend using watercooling that if i put anti algae in the water then it doesnt need changing all that often.

5. kol_indian

kol_indian TS Rookie Posts: 368

That is real interesting so u can obiviosly increase the cycle time.

but unfortunately for me those things are way to costly for me,and even if i can afford them they are not easily acceble in my part of the world :mad:

6. Rik

Thats a shame.

7. etherga

etherga TS Rookie Posts: 69

glad ot hear those results rik. thats an impressive reduction. I've been looking into it as well for my amd64 3500+. It doesnt run very hot often, even while gaming, but it would be sick to take my 45C running temps and get the results you got.

8. Rik

Dont forget Im using a much less powerful processor than you, so to get the results that I have got you will need a much more substantial (and therefore more expensive) watercooling kit that the one I am using. Both the resivoir and the radiator fit into one five and a quater inch drive bay so it doesnt have a very large capacity.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.