Fix keyboard buttons on laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyhkuj

Hello. Some of the buttons on my laptop have been turned out of shape and not straight. how can i fix them? (note: they are still connected to the keyboard but are loose and not straight like the other ones) thnx

usually the buttons are mounted with clips. I may work if you put them in the correct position and press them down careful but with a little more intensity

I hope this attached illustration will show you how the clips work...

mscrx

Attachments

• keyboard button.JPG
    keyboard button.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 143
The key mechanics differ from keyboard to keyboard (and even between different keys on the same keyboard).

Just remove the keys and try to put them back using common sense. Mind you, it may require tweezers and some experimentation to get it right.

On a DELL just gently life the key then snap the right and then the left side of the key back into place. Might have to try it 3 times before it snaps back in. It it doesn't work then the key is damaged. You can call DELL with the model you have and they'll send you a free key back, if you're still under protection plan though. Then they might charge you $2 or $5 bucks for the key. They might if you're still under the protection plan send you a brand new keyboard and also dispatch a tech out to come and install it for you?

Nodsu said:
The key mechanics differ from keyboard to keyboard (and even between different keys on the same keyboard).

yes, you're right. I was just trying to give kiyhkuj a picture of how it could be.
my poor illustration was an example for a dell keyboard and as you just said it even differs for them.

lets hope kiyhkuj get it fixed finally :)

mscrx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back