Flash drive error WHKob.eXe

Hi,

New here. Sorry about the long post. I have had my trusty flash drive just freak out on me. From My computer, if I click on the flash drive F: (which now has a folder icon instead of a removable drive icon) I get "windows cannot find WHKob.eXe make sure you typed the name....blah blah"

Now I can right click, explore, and from explore all my folders are showing up as "read only" and all the files (not in folders) are "light", as if they are read only, but they are not (according to their properties). These files and folders can only be seen on my Laptop and not my 2 desktops. They see 2 zip files, which "properties" are correct.

If I cut and paste these files off the flash drive to my pc, they arrive in the same state. There were short cuts of every item on the drive that just appeared, but they were pointing to a tiepomx file, thats not there. I deleted the short cuts.

So I can use the drive on my one laptop only. My car stereo also says there is no music on the drive, but there are folders with some tunes.

Thoughts?
Thanks
Justin

I copied all the files and folders to my laptop, but they are still appearing as "hidden" folders. I was going to format the flash drive and re-copy the files but I cant afford to lose some of these files.

Thanks,
Justin

I needed to update my Malwarebytes. It found malware all over. Now I just need to know how to switch my files from "hidden" even though the option is grayed out. Anyone?

Thx
Justin

Back