Flashpoint Gold edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

iss

Has anyone tried this game? I bought it a couple of days ago and it installed fine. but it wont run. all I get is the little banner "flashpoint gold edition" then it goes away and the game doesnt start.

going to the games web site and checking their troubleshooting faq's I find out why. the upshot is this game looks for clone Cd on your hard drive and wont run if it is present. what kind of B.S. is that? they may have a right to code their game to do that but seems to me they should be required to document that on the OUTSIDE of the box they are selling the game in.

Thank God I bought this at circuit city and I can get my money back. becasue I am not going to let some damn game developer dictate what software I can have on my hard drive.

Yeah, I agree, that is pretty stupid. But I am sure in those screens that EVERYONE hits NEXT on, it says it won't run if you have CloneCD installed on your system.

One thing you can try is to just change the folder names of it? Or does it check in the regisrty....This could allow you to still use CCD and play the game at the same time.

Sometimes the things companies do to prevent you from using software is amazing, and in the long run they are hurting themselves beacuase people will just return the software and get something else that works just as well. Meaning the restricing company is just losing money.

I dont know if it could be worked around or not. what they had done made me so mad I took the game back and while the place I bought it doesnt normally refund money on opened games I raised enough stink about it they gave me my money back. I dont want my money goingto support a game developer that does this stuff.

That's a wierd way to fight piracy.:confused:

The game is very good ( I just posted about it in another thread ) & is worth playing IMO.:)

Well let's just hope that other users can get past the "Invasion of Privacy" that this company has tried to implement into it's game.

Otherwise I don't feel that many people would even give it the time of day.

one other thing the manual claimed is that the anti piracy solution they were using was called "fade" supposedly if you copy the game and install it from the copy over time it will degrade to the point of being unplayable. I Vaguely remeber reading something about this "fade" before but dont remember all the details.

the main point forme is that there is no VALID reason a game would not be able to run if clone Cd is installed so they have deliberately coded their game to look for it and not work properly if it is installed. to me it is unacceptable for a developer to code their software to not work if you have a legitimate and LEGAL software like Clone CD installed simply because they do not like what it is capable of doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back