TechSpot

floating trees in Oblivion

By Saosin
Dec 9, 2006
  1. Hello everyone, I have one of the most irritating problems ever known to man on Oblivion IMHO. When I can look up into the vast beauty of the mountains in Oblivion, they're not there. Only floating trees and the underworld of it. It only appears when I get real close. But otherwise where I am, the floating trees are everywhere. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? If so I will give many blessings of Julianos upon ye.

2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

Well your system ( from profile ) looks like it can run it but to be sure do this:

Go to this website:
    www.systemrequirementslab.com

If you pass it's probably a patch / update problem so you might have to get the latest drivers for your videocard and see if there is a update for Oblivion

If you fail do the same for the minimum pass results

Hope I helped :)

3. Saosin

Saosin TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 22

Hey yeah I can run I have been playing it for months now but it just started today lol. I messed with the INI to make the boundaries passable and fell into the underworld and fast traveled back to some town and then I looked around and all the effin' trees were floating. So I deleted the INI file and loaded a new one. And that didnt do anything. I have also had the patch since I first played Oblivion. But thanks for giving me some feedback anyways. :D

4. TimeParadoX

Oh so you messed with the game's .ini! :haha:

Well you'll have to reinstall the game then ;)

5. Saosin

Nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. TimeParadoX

Lol yeah I know it sucks, Look for the oblivion program files and copy and paste the saved game file to another folder ( as backup ) and uninstall then reinstall and just put the saved game folder back into the program files :D

7. Saosin

wow I keep uninstalling and reinstalling and i know it is one of the mods so I remove them and it still does it. Whatever idk lol.

8. TimeParadoX

Lol well that teaches you not to mess with the .ini files to go beyond boundaries of the game ;)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.