TechSpot

Floating Trees In Oblivion

By Quipster
Dec 4, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My trees in oblivion float... And it is quite annoying. Re-installing is not an option... for... unknown reasons. :p

Anyway, I'm willing to do just about anything to solve the problem. Anyone got any ideas ?
  2. you use a 286

you use a 286 TS Rookie Posts: 112

you can reenstall it if you wipe your hard drive if that is the problem
  3. you use a 286

you use a 286 TS Rookie Posts: 112

it may also be a virus that you need to get rid of so install some norton antivirus on your computer
  4. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,492

And these unknown reasons are???

If it was pirated, that may be why. If you installed any mods, that may be why. As posted before, Viruses could stop you from reinstalling, along with disk errors.

DO NOT GET NORTON. Get either AVG, AVAST, or something else that is recommended by someone even more intelligent than me when it comes to Virus Protection. NOT NORTON!!

Also try updating your Video Card drivers.
  5. xfilescreature

xfilescreature TS Rookie

I play oblvion on the 360, and when I start running too fast, after I've been playing for a few hours, my trees kinda...jump/float. They fall back to the ground, but it looks really odd for a few seconds before it sorts itself out. annoying.
  6. Spleenharvester

Spleenharvester TS Enthusiast Posts: 146

what are your specs? something may be incompatible with the game
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.