Format cd help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBWA

alrite everyone

i ve lsot my emachines restore cd i no stupid of me but hay

i need to no were to get a new one from i ve got an emachines 5230 model can anyone help me to find a store for me to buy a new cd

much thanks

You could probably get a cd from emachine its self. You needed to just contact them and find out. If not you can buy a copy of windows xp and then download drivers if needed from emachines website under support.

you can go get yourself a retail copy of windows xp from any pc retailer, or contact emachines themselves..

please try and write a bit more clearly in english :)

would that work if i used an xp cd i thought that an emachines pc would need an emachines restore cd

i ve searched every were even the main site to buy one but they dont sell them and also there main website doesnt have my modelled pc on it very confusing site

Regular XP install disk will work fine, and like mentioned above you will need to get specific drivers from the emachines website. You may even want to get the NIC driver first just incase XP can't handle it, that way you can get online to dl the other drivers.

The only problem I can see you having with doing that is that the emachines restore cd probably has some preinstalled applications, XP won't.

yeah it does i might just try and buy a new cd but i m not sure were to go would shops like Pc world etc sell them or not

windows xp retail box will be sold in any pc shops or pc-related shops or university/education campuses (well, some of them)

emachines cd you need to contact drictly to emachines themselves, either by email or phone, with your model number and any other relevent info.. they may even ship it for free..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back