TechSpot

Former Valve executive now heads Microsoft's PC gaming division

By Shawn Knight
Aug 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft recently hired Valve’s former director of business development Jason Holtman. The executive, who had been with Valve for eight years, will now lead Microsoft’s PC gaming and entertainment division according to Holtman’s LinkedIn page.

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,188   +244

This is pretty pointless whats next making the windows live gaming platform more intrusive and annoying

3. Is it G-Man?

4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,965   +389

Halo 3 PC. Naow. Please.

5. wastedkill

Halo 3 cant be made by microsofts game devision it would be a windows 8.1 only game and badly coded without the features we want lol

6. Rasta211

Rasta211 TS Enthusiast Posts: 197   +28

What of the steam sales?!

7. ddg4005

ddg4005 TS Booster Posts: 276   +29

Hopefully he can get developers interested in Games for Windows Live again. I know that some people see the service as blight on the PC gaming landscape but I'm of the opinion that it's good service that was poorly implemented.

8. wastedkill

Steam is easily the better option no need to fill the PC platform with buttloads of useless options that to be honest dont come close to any of the competitors specially when users only want 1 library like steam or make it a option to add to the windows live platform or get microsoft and valve working on a integration that would bolster the xbox one a lot more than just giving users a games for windows live thing that is really annoying and hated.

9. Divvet

Divvet TS Rookie Posts: 57   +19

That will never happen, don't you know how much Gabe hates Microsoft? Why do you think they are driving linux forward? This is simply an attempt by Microsoft to distrupt Valve, they know they can't compete in the PC space any more, and I'm pretty sure Microsoft said themselves they were not interested in PC gaming any more. Best thing Microsoft has done in the game market in a long time is re-release AOE2 on steam.

10. General Sam

General Sam TS Member Posts: 26

Give RARE a kick up the arse for me and get them to start making games again, none of this "Kinect Sports" tomfoolery.

11. ddg4005

ddg4005 TS Booster Posts: 276   +29

Personally I don't really care for Steam and it pains me that I have to use any DRM client to play games. That said I have some games that use Games for Windows Live I enjoy playing them on occasion. If the service is improved it won't radically alter the PC gaming landscape and since the service already exists why not shore it up?

12. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,331   +804

Booted out after 8 years of hard loyal service... It's true, there is no honor among thieves. MS will probably do the same thing to him.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.