Fortissimo 2 Digital Edition - No Sound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octhrope

I just bought a Fortissimo 2 digital edition sound card, I installed it but I cant get any sound from any one of the output jacks. If anyone knows how to fix this or whats wrong please email me at

octhrope@hotmail.com

Thanks

1.) Check all your connections. Make sure the sound card is all the way into the PCI slot.

2.) Check that your sound card is actually being recognized by Windows

3.) Reinstall your drivers

4.) Make sure it's not your speakers that aren't functioning, use headphones for testing your speakers, too.

5.) Edit your post or post another reply which has all your system specs in it, sysbo, CPU, OS, the works. ;)

6.) Check your email ;)

Fortissimo 2 Digital Edition - No Sound! (part 2)

Ive already tried headphones and different speakers. Windows says the card is there. Reinstalled the drivers two or three times.

This might help, I went to - control panel - multimedia - devices - audio devices :

and I got this message ==>

"Status: Driver is enabled but inactive due to an unknown problem."

System Specs:

Amd Athlon 2100+ (1.7GHz)
Epox 8K3A
512 DDR 333 Ram
Windows 98 / SE
80 Gig HD
16x DVD
40x12x48 CDRW

If you need anything else email me.

octhrope@hotmail.com

***********This Just In!!!****************

**Ive got sound but its very very quiet. Also the Driver error is still there.**

Ah yes...Check every single volume control in your computer. All your games, WMP, WinAmp, everything! Make sure they're all up. I remember when I switched from 2.1 speakers to 4.1 speakers, Heavy Metal FAKK2 still had it's settings on dual speakers, which disabled my rear ones :( I found the problem in a couple days.

Or it could also be that digital output isn't turned on. Look for that setting in your driver software.

Fortissimo 2 Digital Edition - No Sound! (part 3)

Ive turned up every volume i can find. The sound is louder in the headphone jack so i pluged my speakers into that, but its still very quiet.

What do you use as the input / output devices for Winamp?

I left the I/O settings alone in Winamp.

There's probably just one little quiet program. Dig deep into your mind, Octhrope. Err, computer ;)

Check your system control panel, and see if there's the same problem there. IRQ conflicts too.

Fortissimo means strong in Italian, and strong it is.

Fortissimo 2 Digital Edition - No Sound! (part 4)

No the card still sucks big donkey balls.

It has come to my attention that maby I should just buy a new card because the Techsupport people at Hercules SUCK EVEN BIGGER FAT DONKEY BALLS!

what do you think I should do?

Fortissimo 2 Digital Edition - No Sound! (part 5)

I have no idea, I might have tryed that. If you could be so kind as to tell me how, I could give you a better answer.

I don't remember exactly how it's done in XP - they tend to move settings to another location with every version - but go to Control Panel, look for Multimedia, Audio, Advanced or something.. :blackeye:

Fortissimo 2 Digital Edition - No Sound! (part 6)

I've tried that under the audio devices it throws the error I have listed in an earlier post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back