TechSpot

Forum Speeds have been painfull

By XtR-X
Sep 8, 2003
Post New Reply
  1. Forum speeds have been dreadfully painfull lately for all your info.

No, it's not my connection, I've got it optimized till it's about to explode.

I'm 2000/252

but I live in the US

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I haven't seen any problems, maybe it is just a hiccup with your ISP?

3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,316   +268

Same here - with the speed that is. Sometimes fast, sometimes so slow that I just close the browser.

4. XtR-X

XtR-X TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 1,040

I end up closing the browser most of the time.

5. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,540   +321

Try putting this at the command prompt:

ipconfig /flushdns

6. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

I must say, I'm having the same problem. Sometimes the TechSpot header at the top of the home page will load, and then things stall. Sometimes it will finally load, and at other times it comeletely stops, and I have to refresh. And when I made a post in the forum, it took almost thirty seconds to send the post. I have ADSL.

And I tried the "ipconfig/flushdns" and it didn't seem to make any difference. Maybe the problem is on my end.

7. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,540   +321

Hmm... let me guess, you are all IE users?

Too bad there is no revamped version of Internet Explorer that can handle tables as well as Mozilla or Opera (they show content on-the-fly). I will modify some code later today which will hopefully solve your problems.

EDIT: Changes done, let me know if your problems persist.

8. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,928

I am getting the same problem also, and I use Opera 7, as does Olefarte.

9. olefarte

As Nic said, I use Opera 7. Tonight it seems to be a lot faster, no stalling.

10. olefarte

I don't know if anybody else is still having this problem, but, I just made a post, and things just came to a halt. Every time I hit "Submit Reply" it stalled completely. This happened several times. I ended up with duplicate posts and had to delete one.

Guess the problem is not fixed, or is it just on my end this is still happening.

11. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,928

That's exactly what I experienced 'stalling'. If you wait long enough, then it does finish, but it just takes sooo... long.

12. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Still working okay on my end, and I'm using Opera and Mozilla.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.