FPS Loss suddenly

loftzu

Hey guys, Since lately I've been experiencing FPS lag on games like CS:GO. I used to run the game fine without any fps problems or anything. But suddenly from one day on the other my FPS just isn't as high anymore and makes the games not smooth at all and very unenjoyable. I've checked my temps and everything seems normal. Atleast not like it's overheating.

https://gyazo.com/b63fed1cd1542a4e27645660eb676384

Here is a screenshot while monitoring my temps etc. I have no clue how this happened. Also maybe worth mentioning is that my youtube videos at 1080p60 Are not smooth either as they should be. I feel like something is wrong here but I'm just not sure what! I hope somebody can really help me out! I've tried scanning for malwares but no result!

My specs:

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs) 3.5GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7800 Series
RAM: 8 GB

Thanks in advance.

If those temps are from a heavy load period, you are solid.

Recent change in drivers? new programs? update? something running in the background?

Add any new cards? other hardware?

Thanks for replying! Not really, it just happened one day on the other, I didn't install anything. Im clueless

How come my gpu isn't strong enough suddenly 1 day on the other? Also worth mentioning, I've noticed recently when I leave my PC idle, my screen would go Black (power saving) and when I move my mouse it would work again. I knwo this is an option, but I didn't touch it and it was still on off aswell. Any other ideas?

How come my gpu isn't strong enough suddenly 1 day on the other? Also worth mentioning, I've noticed recently when I leave my PC idle, my screen would go Black (power saving) and when I move my mouse it would work again. I knwo this is an option, but I didn't touch it and it was still on off aswell. Any other ideas?
The GPU is malfunctioning. Maybe a component in it failed.

Thanks for replying! Not really, it just happened one day on the other, I didn't install anything. Im clueless
I'm not sure it is hardware.
Also, if it is very recent, use search to locate recently modified drivers / programs (sometimes they install themselves in a bad update - you didn't have to do anything).
It could be malware. If you can better identify date of onset, you might consider using a Restore Point which predates that.

You can search update history to see if drivers were downloaded, if so remove that driver, reinstall the original that worked and hide the update that changed it.

Where can I see my history of my drivers? I searched on Raptr but didn't find anything.
Explorer - search C: drive for *.dll, or *.exe - sort by date - examine those done since problem appeared - easiest for you is probably restore point

Hey I checked my driver updates. nothing suspicious, only the one I actually did want to install. About the system restore, I tried this at the start of my problem but I didn't have a proper date to set it back, only to a few hours before. I'm really clueless. Normally my setup is able to run games like CSGO on high graphics and stuff and now it can't even properly run it with everything minimum.

Hey I checked my driver updates. nothing suspicious, only the one I actually did want to install.
Not a question of 'suspicious', could be just a bad update...

If you have had the system for less than a month or so then I can understand not having a restore point. Windows makes regular restore points with every major patch day. That would mean early Feb and early Jan should be available.

If not, you could clear out all your video drivers (get removal & cleanup utility from AMD) and re-install.

ps Might want to do sound driver and chipset driver from motherboard mfg too.

Too bad - an earlier restore might have worked. Since not, you can still clear out all your video drivers (get removal & cleanup utility from AMD) and re-install.

ps Might want to do sound driver and chipset driver from motherboard mfg too.

Back