TechSpot

FPS vs fps

By tsubwoofer69
Oct 8, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Did it not use to mean first person shooter when it is FPS and frames per second when it is fps? It was and I believe it still is. In all of the games I play when it shows my frame rate it is fps not FPS. If you have a game where it state you fps in a game as FPS please screen shot it and post it below. If your game does not have a shortcut key, remember you can use fn+prtsc. Opinions are welcomed just as much as screenshots.

Proof #1: Minecraft

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  2. tsubwoofer69

tsubwoofer69 TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 23

Proof #2

Attached Files:

3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,556   +2,900

There is two meaning depending on frame(no pun) of reference. Capitalization only mean abbreviation of the first letter of each word in a term, but it is not always followed as a rule.
    1. First Person Shooter
    2. Frames Per Second

4. tsubwoofer69

Ah okay, well its just really confusing. Every time I see FPS it is talking about first person shooters, and fps always meant frames. Now people just type what ever they want to type.

5. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

I see what you're saying tsub but I think you've got a serious uphill battle trying to educate people to type this correctly. It's similar to the battle we have with Mac and MAC.

6. tsubwoofer69

Doesn't mean I'm going to stop fighting the battle. lol

7. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

Good luck with that. People won't even type common English words correctly much less follow capitalization rules.

8. tsubwoofer69

That's a very good point. It just gets really irritating sometimes.