TechSpot

Free Website Hosting

1. Can somebody make a list of free website hosting services I can use?

Which one would you recommend in terms of features and simplest web address?
  2. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

3. cabrone

cabrone Newcomer, in training Posts: 166

4. ldogg

ldogg Newcomer, in training Posts: 38

www.freeservers.com is the best for a short url, but they put a banner on your site which I find distracting. I think geocities has a pretty simple url (ie www.geocities.com/yoursitename/) and they have no banners.

I did a quick search and found the page http://www.stormloader.com/toptwenty/
    where they rated their top 20 free website providers and provide a lot of information on all of them. I'm sure there are a lot of other sites like it if you search for them.
  5. grrrr.....

grrrr..... Newcomer, in training

FreeWebZ ;D It has 100mb of space and unlimted bandwith and no ads.. :grinthumb
  6. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

www.barrysworld.com is completely free, with PHP4 support. They did away with CGI access though, so if you are into CGI, you may want to look elsewhere, although they do support SSI.

No banners and fast servers makes barrysworld worth trying out.
  7. Tawhid 1

Tawhid 1 Newcomer, in training Posts: 59

8. Tawhid 1

aol also give free space.
  9. Tawhid 1

why dont you search in any search engine like google
  10. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,538   +92

But importantly 50megs seem to disallow remote img referencing which is something that most of us like to be able to do

i.e. {IMG}www.hostingsite.com/myDeskTop.jpg{/IMG} (replace {} with [])
  11. ldogg

ldogg Newcomer, in training Posts: 38

I'm looking for a webservice provider too now but I can't find any that I like.

I wan't: completely free, ftp access, no in page banners(don't mind popups), at least 500kb file size limits, a domain good name, and a little bit of space.

12. Whack0

Whack0 Newcomer, in training Posts: 169

13. hdmk

hdmk Newcomer, in training Posts: 150

14. akaivan

akaivan TechSpot Maniac Posts: 620

Not anymore, they got a banner on top!>..
  15. Spike

Spike Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,371

You do realise that you've just resurected a 3 and a half year old thread? lol
  16. akaivan

akaivan TechSpot Maniac Posts: 620

hahahhaha i just saw that after i posted.lol....jeese time goes fast..
  17. WinDoWsMoNoPoLy

WinDoWsMoNoPoLy Newcomer, in training Posts: 269

18. fatguy

fatguy Newcomer, in training

Cant beleive no one said http://www.orgfree.com. They are great, ftp, php, mysql. You can get more bandwidth if you ask nicely :D.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.