FreedomPop to debut free voice, data, unlimited texts on Sprint Network

By Rick
Jun 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. FreedomPop announced today the first ever "completely free" cellular service to deliver free voice, free data and free texting. The company's offering leverages Sprint's cellular network to bring subscribers access to EV-DO and Wi-Max; however, actual 4G LTE remains out...

Read more
  2. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,671   +509

Whenever I read something like this, I remember one of my favorite quotes from 8 Mile - "Free comes with a d#ck up your a$$". In other words, there is always a catch, and it takes to start using this service to find out what that catch is.
    Wendig0 likes this.
  3. There's no such thing as 'free'. Read the TOS and Privacy policy...you pay dearly to get 'free service'.
  4. VitalyT said:
    Whenever I read something like this, I remember one of my favorite quotes from 8 Mile - "Free comes with a d#ck up your a$$". In other words, there is always a catch, and it takes to start using this service to find out what that catch is.

Constitutionalist would not like that statement, but then again it's all relative; Feedom that is, the "R" is left out intentionally. Technology is great, however with psychopaths behind the money...
  5. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 961   +84

I don't like that name! It sounds like something that I wouldn't trust and that they'll be out of business in less than a year. If I weren't into a family plan, I'd look a little closer at this. but not sure I'd fit into the restrictions.
  6. gamoniac

gamoniac TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 215   +46

I paid $90 for their device last year when they came out. It doesn't work when I need to use it. It's been 5-6 times since my account was "locked" up. No phone number. I have to submit a ticket and wait for a couple days before one of the reps fixes it. Now I think they want to charge $3 if you don't consume more than some $10mb a month. WTF... Out to get you. I'm thinking about canceling mine, cut the loss...
  7. gamoniac

gamoniac TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 215   +46

Correction: 10MB a month, that was.
  8. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

Wow - you can hear the angels singing in that ad when God or the Klingons or somebody smites those big telecom buildings from the heavens above. That means it has GOT to be a good deal, right?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.