Freeze on boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix my problem? I just recently reformat my computer and everything was fine until it restarted after the process was finish. When the boot screen is loading it just freeze and I am pretty sure the RAM, hard drive, and cpu are all okay. It is just after i reformat that this error occur. Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this.

1st things to do would be to rule out RAM / HardDrive.

Download and run from Floppy or CD: MemTest {to check the RAM} and the HDD Diagnostic from the Drives manufacturer.

If they pass, try another install.

I've also found if it hangs during Install and the 'Board runs Dual Channel RAM, removing 1 stick will often allow Windows to Install, then put it back in once it's finished.

Hope this helps.

You mean it freezes in the POST screen?

Remove the power cord, open the case, look for the battery - looks like a coin - nearby should be a Jumper called CLR CMOS move it across to the next position and press the on button a few tmes, then put it back to the origional position. If there isn't one, carefully remove the Battery, press the ON button a few times, and replace the Battery after 5 mins or so.

This will reset the BIOS to factory defaults.

Try booting now.

No it isnt the post screen, i am able to pass through that. my problem is the boot screen it would load a couple bars then freeze out of no where. i dont really know what to do but i will try to restart the cmos. thanks

Man i got another problem, due to my friend's reckless driving during the loading process on the post screen it would only show the processor and suddenly freeze....now my problem just got worst. can anyone help me on this? :[ thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back