Freeze Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaipanSK8

Im not sure if this is the right place for this thread but.....

lately ive been experiencing a lot of random freezing going on. The weird thing is that it is mostly when im not doin anything. I can just be sitting on the desktop and all of a sudden i go to move the mouse and realise its frozen!
I then just restart and the whole caper will eventually occur again.

Any help would be great.

-peace

Ok, clean out ur case and get rid of all the dust in it. Then post a screenshot of the sticker on ur PSU or( if u know it) tell me the amps on the +12V rail(s) and the wattage & brand name. Then post ur complete system specs using Everest Home Edition or SIW from here and/or here.

Sorry about the wait man, I was occupied with life.....

Power supply: Ive got an Antec 'True Blue' 2.0 (480 watt)
AC input: 115V/12A, 230V/6A; 60hz/50hz

As for system specs, I have got SIW, but dont know how to get a full list of specs from it. Sorry for the stupidity, but could you tell me plz?

-Peace

Check if all the fans are working good (CPU fan, power supply fan)
An other reason could be that you have alot of spyware on your computer. Download Adware, it is free and will get rid of most of them

ah.. i new i was missing a "-" somewhere! Fixed.
Thanks XFire :)

Rereading the original posts, i remember a time when my sister's laptop kept freezing after she logged in and moved the mouse immediately before everything was loaded up..
Now, apart from this being a WinME laptop (yeh yeh i know....) i found it to freeze while it was loading the DLink utility to connect to my wifi.. and since well, this is neccesary, i experimented a workaround to let everything load up (and you can tell this by the HDD stopping) before moving the mouse around.. and it works.. maybe this is why - a startup or background process freezing your system.

Boot in safe mode and see if your system is much more stable.

Oops sorry I did mean Lavasoft Ad-aware. When I need it I always go to download.com and search adware :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back