Freezing and much more

Here's my story, my computer was freezing at first. It only froze about once every other week for about 3 months. At first I just shut it off and turned it back on and boom it was fixed. Then 2 days ago when I shut it off and turned it back on it was freezing on the boot up. Now keep in mind it wasn't in a boot loop. It was actually freezing on the HP invent screen. Then I removed my byos the battery on my mother board. This is when things got bizzar. And yes I unplugged my pc before doing so. After replacing the byos and plugging the pc back in everything went fuzzy. At first thought graphics card. I turned th pc off for about 30 mins and came back to see what more I could do. When I turned it on it worked like normal. I was suprised to see this after the horrible display it had givin me just 30mins ago. And within 1hljr it froze again. When I restarted it it was all fuzzy yet again so I figured I'll shut it off for30 and try again and it worked like a charm for another hour. Froze again did this all day long and by the end of the day it was working normal like nothing had happened. I left it on overnight and in the morning when I woke up I found it to be turned off. Turrned it on and it booted up to the HP Invent boot up. Then the unexpected happend and it went to a black screen and said byios detecting arryas. And when I left it on for 20mins it smelt like an fire. I felt the onboard graphics card the byois and the motherboard and found nothing even warm. What's going on any suggestions?

The fire smelling part is strongly suggestive of some kind of electrical short.

Any chance your system is still under warranty?

Back