Freezing Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephisto_007

Hi, I am curious about our office network because it will freeze once every 4-6 days in order to normalize the network is to reset the router itself, it not really a big headache job, but to know that you will have to reset the router once every 4-6 days then it soon become a boring and my question is, how do i fix this? or is it normal as well for everyone? the problem may due to the way i set up the network?

Network consisting of 14 computers, 1 router and 4 switch/hubs... is this too much for router to handle? or should I split the network in half with 2 router?

"freeze" means what? Can you access other computers? Can you access the router? Can you access the internet?

Did you update the router firmware?

Configuration question: Are you logging within the router and sending them somewhere?
I've seen this cause problems; just unconfigure the email addess and disable the loggin.

So EVERY system fails when attempting to PING the router address?
(sure sign it's the router itself). If only a few fail, it's more likely to be specific
system issues.

If not, then does EVERY system fail when attempting to PING your ISP gateway address?
If so, the router is not processing the release/new cycle properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back