freezing/ stuttering

By referee
Jun 15, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok, i've had about enuf of this comp of mine! i have tried everything to fix my problem but i just can't seem to do it.

here is my problem:
    when i play my games or listen to my music, i get a freezing or stuttering situation

i cant fix it. i have tried to re install the game, i updated my drivers for my audio/video card, but no matter what i try- nothing seems to work. i have a decent comp
    • p3 processor, 600 mhz,
    • 40 gigs,
    • 320 ram,
    • allegro audio/sound card

so i should not have this problem.
    if any 1 can give me some tips or solutions; plz do, because i have had enuf right now and i am going to snap and take out my comp with one big match!
    i left a thread b 4 but i think it was not specific to my problem; so i didn't get the answers i needed. i know there are lots of comp geniuses out there, so if u could give me step by step info i would be really happy.

(*edited by mod)
  2. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

What type of video card do you have? That may be the root of your issue..

Once you respond back I'll have a better idea of what may help your situation
  3. uncleel

uncleel Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,145

4. referee

referee Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

my video card is an " ess allegro pci "
  5. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,327

As regards the audio in games at least anyway click on start, run, type in dxdiag & hit Ok.
    In the Sound tab, lowering the Audio acceleration level a notch.
  6. referee

referee Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thanks for the tip- but its my video that is freezing, only for a split second- but it takes the fun out of the games with that kind of lag. i used to have a good running comp, now it just seems to get worse by the month.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.