By bubble
May 23, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, well I've just recently started to get this problem where my computer would just freeze. Nothing would work, not crl-alt delete, nothing. I have to reboot the computer the hard way(pressing the button on the case). Anyway, this went on for a couple of days, now my computer freezes and turns into a solid color. Then, like before, I have to restart the computer by pressing and holding the start button the case. This has been going for maybe like 2 weeks now, I did some research on it, however I couldn't find anything really. The only thing I thought may be the problem after doing the research is that the power supply may be dying, as a result it stops the power going into the other parts of the computer, making it freeze on one image.

I've had this computer for 3 to 4 years.

Asus P6T motherboard, CPU intel i7, Geforce GTX 260, 6GB of ram, and Windows 7 64bit.
  2. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,889

This sounds more like a problem with your memory or the graphics card or it could even be Malware.

Run a scan with this:

If you have on board graphics connect the monitor to that and remove the graphics card.

Run through this guide to test your memory.