TechSpot

Frequent BSODs in CS:CZ, page fault

By bheatlp
Oct 17, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,
    Stumbled upon this forum when researching a frequent BSOD which occurs when playing Counter-strike:Condition Zero. The BSOD originally showed up as a page_fault_in_nonpage_area caused by win32k.sys. When crashing the sound locks up, display goes bad and then displays the BSOD.

After researching this problem some measures were taken to resolve the issue by updating drivers, which initially was quite promising with no crash, but after half an hour or so a new BSOD occured, this time the page_fault_in_nonpaged_area is said to be caused by Dnetr28u.sys, which should be associated with my Wifi USB adapter from D-Link.

Memory tests have been run (Memtest 86 and windows own, not that extended tests though) and shows no errors.

My system:
    When trying to update the system drivers through the gigabyte home page there seems to be a problem installing the "north bridge filter driver", this one comes up as not being of the current version when the install manager analyzes the system after installing the same driver...

And the debugged crash dump:

2. bheatlp

bheatlp TS Rookie Topic Starter

Updated chkdsk

Update: Ran check disk, and this is what it returned, nothing critical from what I can understand atleast.

3. bheatlp

bheatlp TS Rookie Topic Starter

Update:

Attached some minidumps.

Attached Files:

4. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

One out of five dumps cited the D-Link wireless adapter driver Dnetr28u.sys as the cause of your issues. This driver is also a part of the Ralink wireless drivers as well.

Update your wireless drivers again but if that doesn't resolve your issues then it could be the wireless card is faulty.