Front microphone socket not working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kite8

Can anybody help me find out why the front microphone slot wouldn't be working? I got a new monitor and this one doesn't have a built in mic so my friend gave me a headset, when I plug it in only the speakers work, the mic on it doesn't. I'm in a hurry atm so I can't put all the info, just tell me what info you need and I'll get it.

yeah, the rear one works. i could always plug it in back there but with the way my computer is situated it would be really inconvenient. I'd have to pull it out, swap out the speakers with the headset and then put the mic in.

You will have to change the audio jumper/wire configuration on the motherboard to enable the front mic. You can't have both front and back audio active at the same time

cool, thought it was something with the motherboard, just didn't want to go messing around before i was sure.
thanks

i bought it, it's an eMachines T6524 Desktop. the motherboard is ATI RADEON XPress 200 series. I was looking through the manual but it doesn't say anything about audo jumper wires... or anything about switching from rear to front mic for that matter.

eMachines T6524 Trouble

The audio option block is under the phone modem on the bottom rear of the motherboard. I have a T6524 here and the front mic port works. Check for proper position or a broken wire. The front audio cables go to this block

it looks like everything's plugged in... there are wires going from the front audio and they're plugged into a small outlet underneath the internet card that came with it... the front speaker port works but the mic doesnt, that just seems weird to me. like, when i plug the headphones in the speakers turn off and the headphones start up, but the mic still doesnt work...
then again, i'm far from the most computer savvy person so that might be normal for however it's set up >.<

hey, thanks for the info, turns out it was the headset mic.... glad i didn't try rewiring anything. i looked at it for a bit and everything seemed to be plugged in, so i brought my old monitor over and plugged in the microphone built into it and it worked for the front. looks like i just need to go buy a headset...

That's great kite8,
The T6524 I have here had a bad power supply. The computer would boot up very slowly and then it would suddenly turn off. I replaced the stock Hipro HP-P3527F3 165 watt power supply with a 350 watt Antec Smart Power ATX supply. Some of the hard drive data was corrupt because of the failing supply. The boot up took 20 minutes! Norton SystemWorks 2005 and Norton Internet Security 2006 had to be removed. I had to use the Symantec Removal Tool. I used Ad-Aware, CCleaner and RegscrupXP to return the eMachines to normal operation. This is a Windows Media Center eMachines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back