Front page stories not appearing as threads?

By Justin
Mar 21, 2005
Post New Reply
  1. I cannot find the threads from the front page stories in the forum proper. In the forum thusly dubbed "Frontpage News & Comments", they do not appear, or at least not with any sane method I can see.

Are these not appearing correctly, or was this by design?
  2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,511   +308

Ever since we moved to vBulletin 3 and the new Content Management System for the site itself, we have moved apart the forums from the news comments. This wasn't completely done on purpose, meaning I would have wished there was another solution but due to constraints and constant updates that would need to be done to both backends this was the logical step.
  3. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

I really miss the news stories as threads in forums too.

It should be possible to write a script that would pull a news article from the stories database and post it as a new thread on the forums. Then rig the script to be run every time a news article is posted or just run it every five minutes.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.