Full utilization of downlaod speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darien42

I notice that the max download speeds from my internet provider are at about 5MB/sec, but the highest I've EVER got it was about 1.5MB/second (and even that was only a matter of seconds). My question for you all is; is there any way to get the full use of my 5MB/s internet speed? Is it the hardware on my end that is causing the issue (I have a RealTek 10/100 NIC)? Is it the service provider that just isnt really offering the 5MB/sec that they are promising? Can somebody shed some light on this topic. It would be appreciated.

- Darien42

There are a multitude of reasons why you are not getting the" Advertised speed" at your machine. Even the type of Service has different causes. eg the more individuals accesssing cable can cause a slowdown.
Try www.pcpitstop.com you can test your machine online free (just watch for what they want to sell)You can get info and recommendations to maximize your speed etc.
Keep in mind it is nearly impossible to get the "advertised speed" no matter how or what you are running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back