TechSpot

Fun Facts: Intel's Sandy Bridge Processors

By Julio Franco
Jan 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. For the launch of their 2nd-gen Intel Core CPUs (a.k.a. Sandy Bridge), Intel has compiled another interesting list of fun facts in a whitepaper. We have selected the ones we find more amusing and are republishing them with Intel's permission.

Read the full article at:
    http://www.techspot.com/guides/357-fun-facts-intel-sandy-bridge/

Please leave your feedback here.

2. alexandrionel

alexandrionel TS Rookie Posts: 93

This sounds really nice. Maybe in two years I will buy one.
    It would have been nice to have a comparison with the previous generation of CPU.
    I know that Intel makes only small steps in terms of technology because they milk as much as possible the cash cows.
    I would bet that the energy efficiency comparing to the previous generation is less than 10%.

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Topic Starter Posts: 6,979   +578

4. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

Here's another fun fact. You can now own a processor that can go match the performance of Core I7 Extreme Edition without spending a thousand dollars. Just grab a Core I7-2600K for $300+ and start overclocking. :)

5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Nice, I like these fun facts posts.

6. SilverCider

SilverCider TS Rookie Posts: 71

XD yayayayay!
    How long will it take for me to break and buy one! Don't particularly need it though, doing just fine with i5 750 for now ;)

7. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

Yah. If you're on lga 1156 then just wait until ivy bridge.

8. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

Now that's a fun fact.

I suppose it's a bit like....Did your mother once wear tights? Well, BP may have very well tried to use those tights to plug the biggest oil spill in American history. :D

9. @alexandrionel
    No offense really, but this comment is just plain stupid. It's like you didn't even bother looking through the techspot articles for the performance reviews of the new 25&2600k processors, which clearly show a marked improvement in operating efficiency compared to their predecessors :\

10. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

Hes 0.18 posts a day. I doubt he reads many of the articles here. He probably read the sandy bridge one by semiaccurate charlie.

11. biggabarr

biggabarr TS Rookie

its`s better to walk a mile per day than non in a week , what ever the upgrade is it`s still an upgrade.

12. Oh my God, okey, here is another one, if a sandwich had the same number of layers than the number of transistors the 2nd Generation Intel Core processor has it will take to a million times the human population to eat it a million of million of years lol

And I could go on.

:-S

13. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

An anagram of Sandy Bridge is Band Digs Rye.

14. grvalderrama

grvalderrama TS Enthusiast Posts: 194

What are those things in the picture?

15. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

16. grvalderrama

grvalderrama TS Enthusiast Posts: 194

Hum, so, that's the intricate network of circuit lines that "look like a futuristic, multi-layered highway system".... thanks for the article, was great!