Fun Facts: Intel's Sandy Bridge Processors

By Julio Franco
Jan 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. For the launch of their 2nd-gen Intel Core CPUs (a.k.a. Sandy Bridge), Intel has compiled another interesting list of fun facts in a whitepaper. We have selected the ones we find more amusing and are republishing them with Intel's permission.

Read the full article at:
    http://www.techspot.com/guides/357-fun-facts-intel-sandy-bridge/

Please leave your feedback here.
  2. alexandrionel

alexandrionel Newcomer, in training Posts: 94

This sounds really nice. Maybe in two years I will buy one.
    It would have been nice to have a comparison with the previous generation of CPU.
    I know that Intel makes only small steps in terms of technology because they milk as much as possible the cash cows.
    I would bet that the energy efficiency comparing to the previous generation is less than 10%.
  3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Topic Starter Posts: 6,443   +267

4. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

Here's another fun fact. You can now own a processor that can go match the performance of Core I7 Extreme Edition without spending a thousand dollars. Just grab a Core I7-2600K for $300+ and start overclocking. :)
  5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,197   +555

Nice, I like these fun facts posts.
  6. SilverCider

SilverCider Newcomer, in training Posts: 72

XD yayayayay!
    How long will it take for me to break and buy one! Don't particularly need it though, doing just fine with i5 750 for now ;)
  7. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

Yah. If you're on lga 1156 then just wait until ivy bridge.
  8. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,567   +47

Now that's a fun fact.

I suppose it's a bit like....Did your mother once wear tights? Well, BP may have very well tried to use those tights to plug the biggest oil spill in American history. :D
  9. @alexandrionel
    No offense really, but this comment is just plain stupid. It's like you didn't even bother looking through the techspot articles for the performance reviews of the new 25&2600k processors, which clearly show a marked improvement in operating efficiency compared to their predecessors :\
  10. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

Hes 0.18 posts a day. I doubt he reads many of the articles here. He probably read the sandy bridge one by semiaccurate charlie.
  11. biggabarr

biggabarr Newcomer, in training

its`s better to walk a mile per day than non in a week , what ever the upgrade is it`s still an upgrade.
  12. Oh my God, okey, here is another one, if a sandwich had the same number of layers than the number of transistors the 2nd Generation Intel Core processor has it will take to a million times the human population to eat it a million of million of years lol

And I could go on.

:-S
  13. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

An anagram of Sandy Bridge is Band Digs Rye.

14. grvalderrama

grvalderrama TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 194

What are those things in the picture?
  15. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,846   +61

16. grvalderrama

grvalderrama TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 194

Hum, so, that's the intricate network of circuit lines that "look like a futuristic, multi-layered highway system".... thanks for the article, was great!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.