Fun Facts: Intel's Sandy Bridge Processors

This sounds really nice. Maybe in two years I will buy one.
It would have been nice to have a comparison with the previous generation of CPU.
I know that Intel makes only small steps in terms of technology because they milk as much as possible the cash cows.
I would bet that the energy efficiency comparing to the previous generation is less than 10%.

Here's another fun fact. You can now own a processor that can go match the performance of Core I7 Extreme Edition without spending a thousand dollars. Just grab a Core I7-2600K for $300+ and start overclocking. :)

fpsgamerJR62 said:
Here's another fun fact. You can now own a processor that can go match the performance of Core I7 Extreme Edition without spending a thousand dollars. Just grab a Core I7-2600K for $300+ and start overclocking. :)

XD yayayayay!
How long will it take for me to break and buy one! Don't particularly need it though, doing just fine with i5 750 for now ;)

SilverCider said:
fpsgamerJR62 said:

XD yayayayay!
How long will it take for me to break and buy one! Don't particularly need it though, doing just fine with i5 750 for now ;)

Yah. If you're on lga 1156 then just wait until ivy bridge.

The Intel Core processor is printed on very pure silicon, which is refined from common beach sand. So the sand you once stepped on at the beach may be powering your notebook today.

Now that's a fun fact.

I suppose it's a bit like....Did your mother once wear tights? Well, BP may have very well tried to use those tights to plug the biggest oil spill in American history. :D

@alexandrionel
No offense really, but this comment is just plain stupid. It's like you didn't even bother looking through the techspot articles for the performance reviews of the new 25&2600k processors, which clearly show a marked improvement in operating efficiency compared to their predecessors :\

Guest said:
@alexandrionel
No offense really, but this comment is just plain stupid. It's like you didn't even bother looking through the techspot articles for the performance reviews of the new 25&2600k processors, which clearly show a marked improvement in operating efficiency compared to their predecessors :\

Hes 0.18 posts a day. I doubt he reads many of the articles here. He probably read the sandy bridge one by semiaccurate charlie.

Oh my God, okey, here is another one, if a sandwich had the same number of layers than the number of transistors the 2nd Generation Intel Core processor has it will take to a million times the human population to eat it a million of million of years lol

And I could go on.

:-S

Hum, so, that's the intricate network of circuit lines that "look like a futuristic, multi-layered highway system".... thanks for the article, was great!

Back