TechSpot

G skill 1000 oc'd to 1200

By LinkedKube
May 16, 2007
  1. So uhh, yeah I just overclocked my low budget G skill ddr 1000 to 1200. How scared should I be?

2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Topic Starter Posts: 4,265   +41

Ok, I have stable at 1200, 2.1 volts, 6-6-6-18

3. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,573   +9

Does your comp run any faster at those speeds? You might try faster timings at slightly slower speeds and see if thats any better....

4. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Topic Starter Posts: 4,265   +41

Well I do know that my 3dmark score improved by 200 after the overclock. What program can I use to accurately show improvements?

5. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,573   +9

3DMark score by 200 can be significant, or insignificant. If you already have in excess of 10k score, 200 might just be luck.

You should try running it 10 times on OC, and 10 times on the slower speed, and compare min and average scores. That would tell for sure if its a real change.

Also, you might try SuperPi, which would need fast RAM as well (I think), or some mem benchmarks (Everest does that). Again, run it multiple times, and review min and average to see if its a real change.

Or you can just sit back, and be sure that even if its not any faster, it definately isn't any slower.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.