Gadget enthusiast builds real-life James Bond laser watch

By Shawn Knight
Nov 22, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. What happens when you take one part laser weapon hobbyist and one part gadget enthusiast then mix in a bit of James Bond inspiration? You get a laser watch, of course!

Read more
  2. m4a4

m4a4 TS Guru Posts: 736   +259

Ha, I subscribed to this guy YEARS ago. Pretty cool stuff pops up all the time...
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,938

Nice. It looks a helluva lot better than some smartwatches and not to mention a lot more functional and desirable than all of them that are on the market right now.
  4. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,514   +676

This looks like it would be great to run the cat all around the house ...... on second thought, those ballons didn't fair so well and I'm afraid I could create one PO'd ***** cat! lol
  5. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TS Addict Posts: 294   +58

Wow, this is way better and useful compared to a smartwatch.
  6. Someone can wreak some real havoc with these
  7. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Evangelist Posts: 537   +152

It's not hard to build 1W+ blue laser pointer/torching device. It's just a matter of how much battery life you can get out of a watch sized device.
  8. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,588   +278

Laser should come out 90 degrees from your hand rather than above your hand. Less chance of accidentally burning the top of your hand.
  9. What I really want is a wearable goggles that can shoot laser just like Cyclops in x-men :D
  10. lipe123

lipe123 TS Evangelist Posts: 633   +163

Totally my thoughts also, why would such a smart guy make such a silly design choice.
    Arris likes this.
  11. Because he values his sight?
  12. lipe123

lipe123 TS Evangelist Posts: 633   +163

lmao really?! thats what change it 90 degrees mean to you..

Thought never crossed your mind that it could be coming out of the the top of the watch where the strap that goes around the arm attaches?
    You know the totally logical and obviously safer place to put it so the beam would ALWAYS point away from the body/face/everything that could be a problem.

Common sense, it REALLY isn't that common after all.