Game FPS calculator (benchmark software)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoeseat

Hello Guys,
My Rig is C2D E7200 2.53GHZ,2GBx1 @800MHZ,MSI 9800GT 512MB.i recently installed Gear of War.When i got into the game and looked at the visaul setting,it was set resolution to 800x600 and all other settings to "medium".There wasn't any default setting like in other games.
So i was wondering,it the "medium" setting a default setting for my computer.Then i turned everything to "high" and resoultion to 1440x900 and it played fine in that setting.My graphic card temp was like 55C after 10min of play time.Is this normal?
Now i want to know at what FPS the game i am playing so that my graphics card don't get hot.I just want to make sure that my graphics card can handle the games i play and it won't get heated to much.
Far Cry 2 has there own benchmark tool but how do i calculate benchmark if they don't have any such tools like GOW.
Is there any software i can use to calculate FPS for the games?

Google for FRAPS, it will help you out with the framerate calculations.

As for 55C, that's just fine, as would be 75-80c as well. GPUs are hot as a fact, no need to panic if you see temps in the 70s. On my old rig, the stock cooler on one of the 8800GT cards would run it at around 70-80c in full load, this is normal.

I do not quite understand what you mean by:

"Now i want to know at what FPS the game i am playing so that my graphics card don't get hot"

There is no trivial mapping between FPS and video card temperatures. Your card will struggle and heat up running Crysis maxed out at ~20FPS, but it will be quite chilly running, say, Homeworld 2 at a reported rate of well over 100 FPS.

Thankx a lot man.That software will do a job for me and also ur advice on temperature.Sorry about the FPS and heat issue.I thought FPS and heating are realted.
Once again thankx.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back