TechSpot

GameFly prepping "Unlimited PC Play" service

By Shawn Knight
Aug 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. By-mail video game rental service GameFly will be launching an online client that allows for “Unlimited PC Play” later this year. More specifically, members will be able to download and…

Read the whole story

2. mikeusru

mikeusru TS Rookie Posts: 48

I'm pretty sure the video said something about selecting a game from any platform, and playing it on your PC or Mac. That's not true... right? I doubt they just built their own PS3 and 360 emulators...

3. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

i'll be interested in this, very interested in this if they make the pricing enticing. like $9.99 a month. this can work if they allow user to download the full game, and can only run one game until user move on to the next.

4. HiDDeNMisT

HiDDeNMisT TS Enthusiast Posts: 204   +11

lol wow steam is going to have competition

5. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

And in 2 years they're going to stop offering free downloads along with the subscription service, and they'll offer it as a separate paid service, and everyone will protest and say they'll cancel their gamefly subscriptions.

6. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

mite b cool

7. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 533   +88

GameFly can't even come close.

8. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Sounds pretty interesting if they can pull it off properly.

They don't seem to be a direct competitor but more of an alternative to the norm.

9. thewind

thewind TS Rookie Posts: 67

This is AWESOME! If they can pull this off I will definitely sign up for a gamefly account. Instead of pirating games to test them I'd be able to do that here and if I want to own them, just wait for a steam sale!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.